Guidelines for Virtual Sabbath Worship
Sabbath observance is one of the Ten Commandments and is also one of the Ten Articles of Faith of the True Jesus Church. Observing the Sabbath allows us to remember the wonderful creation of God and the immense grace He bestows. It paves the way for us to further receive the abundant blessings of God. We should therefore attend online church services on Friday evening and throughout Saturday. Members who have no access to the internet or a computer can still observe the Sabbath by praying, singing hymns, and reading the Bible.
Additionally, we must remember to maintain a reverent attitude while attending virtual church services, as if we are worshiping in person at our local churches. We would like to encourage members to set up a conducive environment at home for the purpose of attending online services. Let us remember that we must worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
Please take note of the following guidelines:
1) Pray for 15 minutes before online services begin to prepare our hearts
2) Encourage the entire family to congregate and attend the online services
3) Put on appropriate attire (e.g. no pajamas)
4) Read the Bible and take notes during services
5) Put aside food/drinks during services
6) Attend to personal matters after services have concluded
Please use the following link to find live streaming services from other TJC church locations: https://tjc.org/tjc-live-stream/